Attendance Policies and Procedures
Excused Absences (Per Ed Code 48205)
- Illness (doctor verification required after three (3) days)
- Medical or dental appointment (doctor verification required)
- Funeral services (limit one day within CA, three days if out of state)
- Religious reasons (Four days per month)
School activities, sports events, and field trips
- When a student misses class for a school-related function, there classroom teacher is required to mark them absent and a School Messenger call will go out that evening. Once the sponsoring teacher/coach submits a list of students to the attendance office, absences will be cleared within one week.
- School Messenger is an automated system that calls parents when a student has been marked absent. If you receive a call that your student was absent from school and you know they were present, you should follow the above steps 1-3 for disputed absences.
- However, if you are aware of your student's absence, simply click on the link above to complete the attendance form or send a note with the student upon their return. There is no need to call the office.
Click the links below for more information.
Steps for clearing incorrect absences
- Go to ParentVue to find dates/periods of absences
- Discuss any questionable absences with your child
- Have the student speak with their teacher about any questionable absences.
- If the teacher agrees there was an error, the teacher will submit a correction form to the attendance office. This will allow the attendance clerk to remove the error.
- If the teacher does not agree, the absence will remain
- After completing steps 1-3, if there are still issues, contact the attendance office.